Getting Started - A Guide for Beginners
Welcome aboard to TalonRO! We're glad to have you with us! We're the Kafra Agents, and together with our special friend - TalonRO's lovable mascot, TamTam - we're here to help you on your journey to get started.
Consider this lesson from the Kafra Agents as your very own TalonRO Academy lesson! We'll teach you all that you'll need to know to get started in the world of TalonRO, including some of the following helpful lessons:
- Get started with your very own account on TalonRO. You'll be able to sign up, download the game, and explore the world of Midgard in no time!
- Begin your journey in-game with our helpful Novice Tutorial. This interactive exploration puts you right into the game right away.
- Learn more about TalonRO's essential mechanics, including some important features about stats, skills, jobs, shortcuts, and more!
- Explore some of TalonRO's important offerings, such as our Reward System, Guilds, Party Play, and lots of other features!
- 1 Let's Get TalonRO Setup For You
- 2 Let's Start in Prontera
- 3 Let's Learn TalonRO
Let's Get TalonRO Setup For You
To get started on TalonRO, we'll want to make sure that we have our account set up in order to play! On TalonRO, you have two types of accounts:
- The first is your master account. This account keeps everything related to TalonRO in one place - including your access to the forums, Control Panel, Wiki, and much more. Don't worry if you don't know what these are - we'll explain that later!
- The second is your game account. This is what you'll use to sign into TalonRO when you're ready to play and get into the world of Midgard.
Before we get too much further, there are a couple of very important things to note!
- You're only allowed to have one master account per person. If you've accidentally created more than one master account, quickly let a Gamemaster know by filing a Support Ticket. They can help you in ways that us Kafra Agents can't - and they'll be helpful here!
- You can have up to ten (10) game accounts on your master account. Each game account holds spots for up to twelve characters.
Sign up for your master account
Signing up for your master / forum account is easy! Let's walk through the steps:
- Visit our Registration Page and click on the button marked REGISTER A FORUM ACCOUNT.
- From there, follow all of the steps and rules.
- Confirm your master account with your email address.
That's all there is to it! Once you're set with your master account and you've logged into it, we're ready for the second part of your account journey!
Sign up for your game account
Once you're signed in with your master account, you'll now have access to TalonRO's Control Panel. This remarkable one-stop location serves all of your account needs, including being able to use our databases, search shops, view rankings, file a Support Ticket, and much more! Right now though, we're only interested in the account management portion of the Control Panel - and we want to get that new account of yours set up right away!
- Visit the Registration Page again and click on the button marked CREATE A GAME ACCOUNT.
- From the Game Account Creation page, select a username for your game account, as well as a password, the gender of the characters you would like for this account to represent (male or female), and your birthdate (for account security purposes only).
- Confirm these details, and then you'll have your first game account!
That was just as easy as the first step! You can do this up to ten (10) times while signed into your master account - but don't forget that each game account can hold up to 12 characters. That's up to 120 characters at your disposal!
To play TalonRO, you'll need to download a copy of the game client. This is free and will always be free, of course! You can obtain the files you need with your choice of downloads:
- The Full Installer, which has everything you need all in one package. If you're completely new to TalonRO, or need a fresh copy, you'll want this file.
- The Mini Installer, which is good if you have an old copy of TalonRO or Ragnarok Sakray installed and need to just obtain TalonRO's files.
Select the file you need, download the package, then install TalonRO into a new, clean folder! After that, be sure to run the following from inside the folder to get all of the latest data:
- RagnarokPatch.exe - this will get you all of the latest files and information for your client. Run this periodically to ensure you're always up-to-date!
- TalonPatch.exe - this is your main gateway into the world of TalonRO. Use this file every time you want to sign into TalonRO. You'll automatically get important updates along the way as well.
When in doubt, Full Installer it out! That way, you'll have everything you need. Trouble getting TalonRO to work? Try a new copy of the Full Installer! If you need other files along the way, like the BGM music files separately, you'll always be able to find them right on our Download page!
After that, you're ready to go into the world of Midgard! Have your game account credentials ready - you'll enter those in from the login screen! After that, you'll be able to make your very own first character on TalonRO, and be able to dive right in as a new Novice into our capital city of Prontera.
Let's Start in Prontera
Once you've signed in with your game account, you'll find yourself inside of a special building. This building is located in the capital city of Rune-Midgard: Prontera. The Kingdom of Rune-Midgard is but one of several governments and lands across the world, but it's the seat of Midgard and where our journey begins. You may hear this building referred to lovingly as the "Job Changer Building" - but it's where all Novices start out. After all, that's what you are - a Novice! But you won't be for long as we set about our adventure through Prontera!
Inside The Novice Building with Manuela
As you begin in the Novice Building, you'll see a notice to accept TalonRO's rules before gameplay. After this, you'll be able to speak with Manuela - who will help you on your journey through Prontera. Each time you are able to complete her requests, she'll reward you with some very valuable Bronze Coins. These will come in handy when using TalonRO's Reward System later on during your adventures!
To start, she'll want you to speak with everyone in the building, which include these series of helpful friends who you'll likely come and visit a lot while in Midgard:
- Universal Rental: She'll help you with renting certain features which are quite useful with specific job classes.
- Platinum Skills: Most job classes have hidden skills which can be unlocked. She'll help teach you their secrets!
- Dressing Coach: The most stylish man in Prontera will help you try on any number of available headgears, which are used to customize your character's look to your exact specifications. Try on a look - but don't forget that it'll disappear as soon as you leave!
- Job Master: He will be able to teach you the ways of any job class you'd like - as simple as speaking with him, rather than embarking on a long quest. You can, of course, perform job changes the traditional way (and you'll earn valuable rewards for these efforts), but the Job Master makes choosing your next job class a breeze!
- Anne the Stylist: Customize your hairstyle, hair color, and clothing dye in a snap with Anne's helpful abilities. You'll be fresh and ready to explore the world in style after a visit with Anne.
- Reset Girl: Skills and stats play an important part in your character's abilities, but you don't have to fear being stuck with them forever once you choose a path! She'll help you start again if needed on those areas.
Beyond The Novice Building with Gustav
Once you've managed to do all of that, Manuela will offer you some more helpful tips about the various kinds of Job Classes that are available out in the world, and the areas which those classes particularly excel.
However, Manuela will send you outside of the building to speak with her colleague, Gustav, to learn a whole number of other important areas and people you'll encounter on your journey through Midgard. This will be your first time in the main square of Prontera - and what a busy and bustling city it is! It's easy to get overwhelmed with so many new people out and about - but your mission will be to speak with Gustav and learn all that you can about the world in front of you.
These helpful areas which Gustav will send you to include the following:
- Kafra Agents: Hey, that's us! We're here to help you on your journey of course. We can save your location, help you access item storage to keep some extra items in place, and provide a wide array of other services. We're at your service across the world!
- Warp Girl: This special Kafra Agent specializes in getting you where you need to go, and fast! She'll be able to take you to any corner of the world, the entrance point to a dungeon, and much more - all with a simple request. Getting around couldn't be easier or more convenient.
- Doctor: Doctor Magreth will instantly heal your injuries, getting your HP and SP in top form for a small cost.
- Minigame Girl: She will point you in the direction of one of the many minigames taking place across the world. When you're ready for them, some range from friendly party-play to competitive and challenging action! Many of these games feature fun rewards as well.
- Hunting Board: Obtain valuable missions for Bronze Coins, which you can do daily!
- WoE Board: Learn more about the War of Emperium on TalonRO, including times and access to this special mode of gameplay.
- Quest Check Board: If you're in the middle of quest and you're not certain what to do next, the Quest Check Board is your guide to keep you on track!
- Rental Master: With a host of powered-up rental items which can be obtained with Bronze Coins, the Rental Master is a staple of the Reward System on TalonRO.
- Reward Guru: The cornerstone of the Reward System, the Reward Guru will grant you access to many items in exchange for Talon Coins. Be sure to read all about how this system works over in the Reward System Overview guide!
- Vending Officer: The TalonRO Marketplace is a special system in Prontera, Payon, and Prontera Mall that allows merchants to set up their shops quickly and conveniently. This whole wonderful feature is worth checking out - and helpful when you're looking for a specific item for sale!
- Tool, Armor, and Weapon Dealers: These individuals will always be on deck to sell you a host of beginning and helpful items for Zeny - the main currency of Midgard.
Be sure to do the whole Novice Tutorial in full! If you do, Manuela will reward you with something helpful that will give you an extra boost in the world out there. It's a big and mysterious place outside of the walls of Prontera - be sure to bring your best effort with these handy boosts. You'll also earn valuable EXP along the way - which will help you get ready to select your very first job class! That's where the real adventure begins.
Let's Learn TalonRO
While many players may be ready to adventure into the brave new world of Midgard, others may be new to the worlds of Ragnarok entirely. If this is your first time playing, or if it's been many years and you'd like a quick crash-course refresher in the game mechanics, shortcuts, and other essentials of gameplay - the Kafra Agency has you covered!
Please note: this section is under construction (while we consult the Prontera Chivalry, of course, to get you the best training possible!) - so be sure to check back later when this is part is all done!