Stacking Of Cards
This guide is to provide a simple explanation to clarify common question when it comes to calculating damage increment and damage reduction through the usage of cards/equipment.
Two simple rules.
- Same modifier stacks.
- Different modifier multiplies.
Example of same modifier:
- Infiltrator, Hydra card - Increases damage on Demi-Human race.
- Mobster card, The Paper card - Increases Critical Damage.
- Valkyrie Randgris card, Turtle General card - Increases physical damage.
Now, slotting cards into the weapon or choosing the armor of choice is very important because having the right combination will produce the best output.
Example: You are trying to attack someone in PvP which uses Fire element armor (Pasana card or Lucius armor) with a four slotted weapon.
Cards that can increase damage output:
- Hydra card - +20% on Demi-Human race
- Skeleton Worker card - +15% on Medium size monster (player characters are counted as Medium; Peco Peco riders are counted as Large; baby classes are counted as Small)
- Turtle General card - +20% on all targets
- Vadon card - +20% damage on Fire elemental monster
- The Paper card - +20% damage on Critical hits
Comparing a 4-Hydra carded weapon with a multi-carded weapon:
Quadruple Hydra card
= base damage x (1 + 0.2 + 0.2 + 0.2 + 0.2) = base damage x 1.8
Hydra + Turtle General + Vadon + The Paper
Damage (assuming it's a critical hit since The Paper card only increases critical damage - well, you get the idea)
= base damage x 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.2
= base damage x 2.0736
Therefore, the above calculation method explains the reason:
- (3 Hydra + 1 Skeleton Worker) is better than (4 Hydra) - (1.84x versus 1.8x)
- (1 Hydra + 1 Turtle General) is better than (2 Hydra) or (2 Turtle General) - (1.44x versus 1.4x)
Contributed by Yurneric. Copyright belongs to TalonRO.